Matthew Azus has been an Associate with Lerner, Arnold & Winston (LAW) since 2010. He concentrates his practice in first-party and third-party property damage matters. Matthew has researched and written numerous motions, pleadings, and other legal documents in the New York State and Federal court systems. He has taken and second-chaired many depositions regarding various types of property damage cases. Matthew’s trial experience includes successfully trying property damage matters in New York State court. He has also utilized his mediation and negotiation expertise to obtain successful settlements on behalf of his clients.
During law school, Matthew interned at the St. John’s Elder Law Clinic where he provided legal representation to senior citizens who had become victims of fraud. He was also a member of the New York International Law Review.
Living and working in New York City gives Matthew and his wife access to their favorite passions – family, friends, food, and football.
- St. John’s University School of Law; Queens, New York; Juris Doctor, 2010
- University of Michigan; Ann Arbor, Michigan; B.A., Economics, United States History (minor), 2007
- State Bar
- New York, 2011
- New Jersey, 2010
- United States District Court
- Eastern District of New York, 2012
- Southern District of New York, 2011
- First-Party Property Damage Claims
- Third-Party Property Damage Claims
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association (NYSTLA)
- Bronx-Manhattan North Association of Realtors