Charles Martin Arnold has been a practicing personal injury attorney in New York City for over 23 years. He has successfully handled thousands of cases involving all types of injury issues. Persistant and respected, he has served numerous clients who each sustained life-altering injuries and losses. He uses his litigation experience to guide them through the challenging process of obtaining the just compensation they are entitled to.
Through his caring approach, Charles (known as “Marty” among friends and some colleagues) instills in his clients a feeling of satisfaction and well-being. He ensures every client is heard, understood, respected and effectively represented. His drive and compassion for injury victims comes from first-hand experience of severe injury trauma and recovery after suffering serious injuries in an automobile accident as a teenager.
Charles’ advocacy and success speak quite loudly. He has achieved multiple multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts on behalf of his clients throughout his career. In addition, Charles was actively involved in successfully resolving two separate multi-million dollar claims stemming from the 51st Street crane collapse catastrophe in 2008, the worst construction accident in New York City’s recent history.
The aggressive and tenacious pursuit of justice is in his blood, yet Charles does find time to unwind boxing in the gym and taking long walks with his Australian Shepard dog named Murray.
- Brooklyn Law School; Brooklyn, New York; Juris Doctor, 1995
- Salve Regina University; Newport, Rhode Island; Magna Cum Laude, B.A., Politics and Administration of Justice
- New York State Bar, January 1996
- Connecticut State Bar, November 1995
- 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 1996
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association (NYSTLA)
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Adjunct Professor, Pace Law School
- BNI, Chapter 23, New York City (15-year member)
- Super Lawyers 2015-2019
- Irish American Bar Association
- Brehon Law Society
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys
- 2019 Independent Screening Panel for the Judiciary Committee of the New York County Democratic Committee for candidates for the New York State Supreme Court
- Personal Injury/Motor Vehicle Accidents
- NYC taxis
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrians struck by motor vehicles
- Tractor Trailer accidents
- Construction and All Workplace Accidents
- Premises Injuries including falls, falling objects, retail negligence, explosions and wrongful death.